Saturday, April 14, 2012

no baking allowed: mini lime cheesecakes and 2 evil discoveries


Mini lime cheesecakes.

Oh. Delightful. Incredible. Must. Have. More.

It was so pretty on foodgawker that I could not help but to make them during the holidays. They were pretty easy to make. The hardest part was making room for the muffin pan in the freezer.



Pretty little things. 

It was pretty, distinctly lime-y but not overly so that you can’t tell it’s cheesecake. Also, I added crushed walnuts to the crust. Double yum.


Beauty is in the inside.


Note though, my version though only had the juice of two limes, as I find that I have a slightly lower tolerance for limey-ness than what the recipe recommends. I learned this big time with the lime curds I had posted about. Glad I made those before these cheesecakes.

And on evil things that make you wish you were pregnant so you have an excuse for eating huge quantities at any time of the day… I present…microwave cakes.


Chocolate and Nutella, anyone?

Peanut butter is a special gift from God.

Okay, so they are not new. I had seen them before but never had the pantry stocked enough to make them. These are super easy and surprisingly very good. I can’t imagine making these the traditional way – ie waiting for 40 minutes to an hour to enjoy the goodies. The first one was chocolate...and I couldn't stop so I also made a peanut butter version. I told you...EVIL. 

I recommend to put these in for a minute, check how it looks and if needed, keep cooking them at incremental 30 second intervals until you see them at the consistency you like. Both of these were cooked for about a minute and half in the microwave and they were both oooozing with awesomeness.


I should not be left alone in a kitchen with flour and Nutella...

...and peanut butter too. It makes me obsess about food.


The recipe says each of these serve two…or a greedy one. I would say with some ice cream, three people can share this and still be friends. :)


Happy weeekend,
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment