Thursday, April 19, 2012

happy friday: swirl brownies :)


As evidenced in so many instances, I am lazy. So incorporating frosting into the brownie batter and making them pretty by swirling them around has made me a happy baker. And that happiness is really due to one thing – shorter lead time to food gratification.


I haven't bought toothpicks nor barbeque sticks as cake testers...so I stab the middle section with a knife :p
The red velvet cheesecake brownies had a more cooked bottom than I would have liked. I recommend taking it out of the oven as soon as very little cheesecake sticks to the knife or stick you poke in the middle to test for doneness. Mine should have come out before it clocked in 35 minutes in the oven. Overcooked as it was, this was awesome. :) Don't worry about leftovers...these taste better after sitting in the fridge for a day, or two...or more. 


The dulce de leche brownies had a perfectly-cooked bottom. I took them out after 30 minutes in the oven...but the texture was not as good as the red velvet one. It was completely offset though by the taste and gooey-ness of the dulce de leche though. It reminds me of dunking bread into condensed milk as a child. :) 

The white things at the back are mugs of tea...an essential item in our kitchen.

Mommy, I ate too much. Will you rub my tummy?


Happy April 20, 
Janice






1 comment:

  1. Haha! I wondered about the gaping holes in the middle of the pan...

    But buy toothpicks na kasi. And, also, a tester does not have to come out "clean". As long as you see crumbs sticking to the tester (as opposed to wet batter), you're brownie/cupcake is done. And always test about at the 2/3 point of the recommended cooking time.

    But I must try that red velvet cheesecake thingy soon. And I know na what else you can bring me from Costa Rica: dulce de leche! Hehe. And chipotle chilies, of course.

    ReplyDelete