Thursday, April 5, 2012

wishing for the sun via lime curd

It's supposed to be summer now but it's horribly gray and dark. While I don't mind wearing sweaters and any chance to put on my boots, I wish the sun would just be out when it's supposed to. Anyway, I had made lime curd a few weeks back when it was still wonderfully summery, and blogging about it now makes me want to do a sun dance.


This is one of the recipes from Ina Garten's The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. I love her. I want to be like her...awesome Hampton's store, house, herb garden and BMW convertible included. I won't mind the hairstyle either, but I think I'll vamp up the wardrobe :p 


Care of Amazon credits sent by wonderful friends :) 

It's pretty easy to make and therapeutic too. I had very serene thoughts as I was doing this... 




This little juicer brings a lot of joy...and good for letting off some steam too.


...and this...


Stir, stir, stir...Careful not to let the curd boil!! And yes, I love that the new stove has a timer.
It's useful to airheads like me.
Ina's recipe calls for lots of wonderful berries, but I only had a handful, so I decided to toss some walnuts into the mix. I coated them in some honey and sugar first though because...I like sweet stuff? Doesn't matter! All gooood...


Roasted in the oven toaster...because I'm lazy on Sundays...and weekdays.  Fine, throw in Saturdays too. 

So, once poured into the ramekins (I didn't make the crust because...guess why) and cooled in the fridge for an hour or so...


Hello sunshine :)

Some nuts to get the party started...


Chopped strawberries tossed in powdered sugar.

One happy family in this ramekin community.


I wish I had more strawberries to top this curd with. It really complements the tartness of the curd. So does whipped cream. Which I dolloped mine with. And I mean dollop. A whole bunch of cream makes Janice a happy person. Also, you can reduce the lime juice you put in if you don't want it too lime-y. I just made lime cheesecake before I wrote this post (another post waiting) and only put in two limes and it tastes perfect :) 


Hoping for the sun to come out, 
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment