Thursday, March 15, 2012

big things come...

...in big packages. 


That's the case this week, at least. After a less than ideal Tuesday morning (my fault...of course), we came home early and found our duty-free port purchases being delivered and assembled in the garage!! Weeeeheeeeeeeee!! 


Mr. G got this (or as he says, WE got this) as a wedding present from the godparents R&D (a hundred bear hugs are not enough!!):


Yes, we have a small house but we make room for important stuff  :p
BUT I got this:


I clearly won "Most Metallic Purchase" 


...which now allows me to have these any time I want...


FYI: These are red velvet cupcakes. Just in case they looked like something else.


...well, not ANY time. There are times when I don't want to lift a finger and I wish the cookies would bring me, ummmm, themselves dunked in a glass of milk. I made these after we had cooked lunch for more people who were helping out, fixed cables, cleaned floors and walls previously covered by old cabinets and the oven. So we REALLY deserved to have some cupcakes. My friend Kats had been asking me to make these cupcakes and frosting for a while and I thought the new oven deserved a chance. It didn't disappoint but I was not wowed since I think I left them in the oven for too long. I was so used having to bake something for at least 50% longer than the recommended time that I didn't check on it too soon. 


BUT they were still pretty darn good. 


Mr. G ate two of these out of boredom the next day. 


We still think the red velvet brownies are better. Frosting for that is still THE BEST EVER. Which is good for me because the hardest thing about making cupcakes is putting the batter in the molds. Too messy. And I'm a lazy ass. Then again, I get to eat all the batter I clean out from the sides of the molds. Yoohoo. 


Anyway, lunch (and dinner) that day was chicken curry. Oh what can I say. Curry paste is heaven. It should be made into currency. It makes life yummy. YUMMY. 







I had intended to follow Donna Hay's thai chicken curry recipe but I couldn't find any fish sauce here and I wanted to use some potatoes too. So I searched for another one and found this chicken curry with potatoes recipe from Rasa Malaysia. I married the two recipes with my special home cook license and voila! Fragrant, yummy, tummy-filling curry!


Peeling the potatoes is optional. I got baby potatoes because I'm lazy.


xoxo,
Janice









2 comments:

  1. Janice your blog makes me hungry. Congratulations to you and Mr.G, and I hope you have a blast being married!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it makes me hungry too :p yes, so far, sooooo great! :) hope you and the boys are well!

      Delete